Whether you are thinking about getting started with a new internet business venture or have a traditional business that you want to promote online, there are a few key fundamentals to online business marketing success:
1) Memorable URL: Your URL is the web address. Think of it as your online billboard, so choose wisely. Make sure your URL is easy to remember, easy to spell, and will be attractive to your target market.
2) Attractive Landing Page: Your landing page is the first impression, and we all know how important first impressions are. Your visitors will decide in the first 5 seconds if you have what they are looking for, and if you do not they will hit the "back" button and you just lost a potential sale. Be sure to think about the layout of the information on the page. It should be easy to navigate and should not be overloaded. Also, have a clear call to action on your landing page. Tell your visitor exactly what you want them to do.
3) Opt-In Box: Having an opt-in box just means you have a way to gather your visitors information. A name and an email address (a must must). The best way to get a visitor to "opt-in" is to offer something. People are not going to be inclined to give you something for nothing. If you can provide visitors with value, maybe a newsletter or a "member's discount" … anything that will entice them to share their name and email address. Once you have captured their info, you now have the green light to maintain contact. This is important. Through the use of carefully crafted auto-responders your readers will learn more about your expertise, knowledge, product line, and most importantly you are able to build a trusting relationship (and people like to buy from people they trust).
4) Quality Auto-Responders: Auto-responders are pre-written email messages that are sent out to your web visitors that have decided to "opt-in" on your landing page. The information included in the auto-responders must be consistent with what you offered on your landing page. If you promised a free 7 day boot camp on how to write Ezine Articles, then that is what they should be getting. Be sure to take advantage of this precious opportunity to build a quality relationship with your site visitors. You will be able to increase your numbers dramatically by simply using auto-responders to help close the sale. Be sure to educate yourself on how to write effective ad-copy to maximize this strategy.
5) Get In The Social Media Game: Do not miss the action; social media is the hottest trend on the internet today. Anyone that is utilizing the internet to promote a business better be doing this. If you're not, you're missing out on free advertising. Social media is a simple, free strategy to drive traffic to your website and we all know the name of the game is TRAFFIC. There are lots of options out there when it comes to social media, some of the more popular sites right now are FaceBook, Twitter, and YouTube for starters.
At the end of the day, know the most critical factor in your success online is your ability to lay a strong foundation. All you have to do is understand simple fundamentals to running a successful online business. No matter what business you are promoting or what target market you are after, these 5 tips covered here represent the basic fundamentals to successful online business marketing.
Source by Krysti Horwitz